Recycline Recycling Initiative
Recycline, an initiative to reduce PVC-u waste by 100%, provides a complete service for Kömmerling fabricators to ensure window profiles are efficiently recycled. Using the latest processing technology and a full integrated collection and distribution system, fabricators and their customers can enjoy sustainable windows with minimal disruption.
The European PVC-u industry, Vinyl 2010 initiative, actively encourages members to invest and realise the advantages of recycling and Recycline does exactly that. Recycline, a profine Group recycling initiative, directly tackles many environmental and legislative issues whilst delivering a cost effective service to all fabricators.
Due to its unique properties, PVC-u is widely recognised as one of the best and most fit-for-purpose materials for windows and doors. Durable for 50 years or more PVC-u can tolerate all weather conditions and extreme temperatures. PVC-u once discarded, however, may last for hundreds of years without degrading in landfill. Rather than dispose of a valuable and durable material, Recycline endeavours to recycle PVC-u, significantly reducing the burden on landfill sites.
The Recycline Process
- Partners of the Recycline initiative dispose of all off-cuts and other profile waste produced in allocated cages, which are located onsite.
- Once the cages are full with profile waste, they are collected and emptied by Recycline lorries.
- Recyline lorries then transport the waste to the processing plant where both the PVC-u and rubber is ground into granules.
- The granules are then put through a sortex machaine which separates the PVC-u granules from the rubber.
- PVC-u granules are then transported back to Germany to be reprocessed into PVC-u.